When we talk about respect we must talk about showing respect for yourself. You matter. You are valuable. One of the most valuable thing that matters the most is our health. Staying healthy and taking care of our bodies has a simple formula.
Eat healthy foods + Exercise + Sleep
Cheat on any of these and you will survive (for a while) but you will not perform at your best.
- Go to bed at the same time every night.
- Get up in the morning at the same time every morning.
- Get 8 – 12 hours of sleep a night depending on your age.
- Young children need more sleep than adults, but even adults should get 7-8 hours every night.
- Turn off all electronics 1 hour prior to heading off to bed.
- Do not do homework or emails (work) laying in bed
- Have a nighttime routine
- Be careful of the foods and drink that you have in the evening. Some of them will inhibit your sleep patterns.
Try these and see a whole new kind of energy for your body. This is one way of showing respect for yourself.